St. Michael Church
Is the oldest religious building in the city and also a representative monument of the site gotic.The curch hall type, with three naves was built between 1349-c.1580 main entrance portal from the second half of the seventeenth century. It maintains parts of the interior painting (fifteenth century). Sacristy is a valuable portal German Renaissance (1528). The pulpit was made monumental baroque German sculptors J. Nachtigall and A. Schuhbauer (1740-1750) . Bell tower built in neoclassical style between 1836-1862.In front of the church is the equestrian statue of Matthias Corvinus made by sculptor John Fadrusz in 1902.
Shrine of the Three Kings from the East
Inside the church,
Crest above the entrance gate
Over time, the building has been witness to several important moments: it was named Matthias Corvinus, Queen Izabella signs taught in the chamber of Emperor Ferdinand I. This royal messengers were invested princes of Transylvania, Gabriel Bethlen, Rákoczi Sigismund, Sigismund Báthory and Gabriel Báthory
Installed in the Banffi Palace is a beautiful baroque building, with a facade decorated with sculptures and statues, built between 1774-1785 after the plans of architect Johann Blaumann, modern and contemporary art gallery containing works of Romanian artists of the eighteenth century Transylvania century paintings by Ioan Andreescu, Gheorghe Petrascu, Nicholas Tonitza Ion Jalea, Romulus Ladea and many oters.Universal Art Gallery shows paintings of the school: German, Flemish, Italian, Russian, Dutch, Hungarian, etc..
Bánffy family crest
Views from inside the palace
Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania
Is arranged in the building ‘Redoult’, Construction of the Empire style (late eighteenth century), which sheltered the Diet of Transylvania (1848-1865). This has been the “Memorandum” (1894) and in 1923 Congress was held general unions in Romania. He had over 40,000 pieces on the occupations of the population in Transylvania, costumes and ancient customs of the various testimonies.
With a wealth (over 100,000 pieces) divided into several sections: a primitive village, Daco-Romanian era, modern-contemporary, Roman lapidary and feudal lapidary.
The statuary group Transylvanian School
Work of the sculptor Romulus Ladea, depicts three leading representatives of cultural and ideological movement of Romanian intellectuals in Transylvania page: Samuil Micu, Gheorghe Sincai and Petru Maior. The group was near the University “Babes Boliyai” founded in 1872 and initially organized with four faculties (medicine, law, literature and science)
The statuary group Horea, Closca and Crisan
Powered by sculptor Ion Vasiliu, evoke the three leaders of peasant revolt 1784-1785.
Michael the Brave Statue
The creation of Marius Butunoiu
The Cluj-Napoca Tailors’ Tower (Romanian: Bastionul Croitorilor din Cluj-Napoca, Hungarian: Szabók bástyája) is located at the southeast corner of the old Cluj-Napoca citadel. It was built in the 15th century and rebuilt between 1627 and 1629, assuming its present form. It was named after the Tailors’ Guild, who took care of and guarded this part of the city. Near the tower — where Baba Novac, general of Michael the Brave and Saski priest, was killed in 1601 by General Basta — there is a statue of Baba Novac.
Home of MATEI CORVIN
The oldest building preserved in city.Bilding secular Gothic, Renaissance traits she received on the occasion of subsequent renovations. Matthias was born here, who would become King of Hungary. Now it houses the Institute of Fine Arts “Ion Andreescu.
Matthias House is one of the oldest buildings and the only Renaissance palace in Cluj-Napoca.
The building was built in the fifteenth century and is located inside the first enclosure belonging to the old fortress defense.
In this house was born on 23 February 1440, Matthias Corvinus, son of Prince Iancu de Hunedoara. Subsequently, Matthias became king of Hungary in the period 1458-1490, is considered one of the largest Hungarian monarchs. King decided the building exemption from taxes, exemption who have met her and rulers who followed him.
Built in Gothic style, Matei Corvin hause underwent various changes over time and adapt to new styles. Thus, in the first half of the sixteenth century were introduced a number of architectural elements Renaissance . In the late nineteenth century, being in an advanced state of decay, was restored by inserting a series of specific elements of the 1900 style. It was restored again in 1940 by architect new Karoly Kos, and then during the communist period, were removed many of the 1900 amendments.