Age Zarand County (the county, as he was) lost in the mists of history. ”
More accurate data about the existence of this land is recorded from the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries, when he was a very large extent “of the volcano at the border Abrud rock and west by county Bechis (Beches), today in Hungary, including the cities Csaba and Gyula, along valleys White Cris and Black and south-west to Syria and even city to the Banat in Dundalk about 1444 points in seven districts that have tips.
Information about land Zarand become more consistent in the XVI century, the Turkish occupation period, which lasted, with interruption for 150 years, from 1526, when the Turks, following the victory of Mohacs, occupied Hungary and the county Zarand consisted only of four districts: Zarand (in common with same name), Ineu Hălmagiu Brad Take the capital Ineu (Ienopole).
Being a land border and this has always played, in 1741, Zarand county was divided between Hungary and Principality of Transylvania, at the top, the failure to Guravăii Blăjeni-Dupăpiatră with nets Hălmagiu and Brad, while keeping the same name of Zarand which will then continue to maintain, will be attached to the Principality of Transylvania and territories from the west, with nets Zarand, Syria, Ineu to Gurahonţ (including) leaving Hungary. Following these territorial boundaries, the county capital is set at Baia de Cris, a city in central region.
In 1784, the year Horea’s revolt, and Crisan and Closca, the county was abolished and annexed Zarand of Hunedoara county, was then reinstated in 1790. In subsequent years, with a new Assignation was again abolished and the prefecture attached Orastie being remade in the first half of last century.
In the villages of “Country Zarand, people have a respect for ancient wolf.
The name of this animal is connecting names of places and people.
Religion is frequently wolf tribes and peoples beliefs ….
Terrible stories circulating today about people who accompany with wolves sowing fear among villagers. Fear and respect others, have become real shamans, who can bring good times to do evil. Such a man lives in a village near the town tree.
In this part of the legend you can enjoy the scenery and majesty of several historical monuments.
Monastery Crisan – Cow
Crisan Monastery, the Monastery also known as Cow, is an Orthodox monastery situated in the village of Crisan Ribita village, Hunedoara county. Communal monastery with monks, founded in the sixteenth century, is situated at a distance of about 7 km north of Brad and 46 km north of Deva.
The monastery is situated on the hill, the difference of level, and therefore it was necessary for the construction of buildings to break the bank and flatten the hill. The monastery is a testament to the Romanian Orthodox so tumultuous land of Transylvania Orthodox. Monastery church is dedicated to “the Virgin Birth. ”
Ribita first mention of the village dates back to 1369, the document that confirms his dominion over the country to meet Theodore Ribita villages, Upper and Lower Birch and Tertfala (Tebea). Theodore was asked to meet his father Prince Vladislav Ribita ctititorul the church. Theodore asked to meet, is sanctioned in 1404 by King Sigismund of Luxembourg with the loss of estates, for “infidelitas note. That same year, his sons: Matthias, Vlatislav and Miclaus, repressed lands, and, as reward, begin construction of the church at Ribita.
Crisan Village particular interest in historical and cultural point of view, can be considered a historic village. Here was born Gheorghe Crisan, the third leader of the revolt of 1784 in Transylvania – Horea’s uprising, Closca and Crisan. A great monument is the Monastery of Crisan (XVI century), which functioned until after Corea’s uprising, was abandoned following a landslide.
Monastery Crisan – Brief History
The beginning of monastic life in the country can be linked to existing Zarand besides church Ribita a monastic center since the fifteenth century, as evidenced by inscriptions content Ribita Church, which is mentioned and “a monastery.
The foundation of the monastery from Cow to be put in touch with offensive Reformation, especially Calvinism of the Romanian Orthodox Church. Acceptance by the religious Reformation noble families of Romanian origin Ribita, Nemes Ribiczei, Brad led the Orthodox believers in the villages and Cow Ribita, left without a church, to build their own religious settlement.
Crisan Monastery was built in the late sixteenth century and the beginning of efforts by locals, but also through material support received from certain gentlemen of the Romanian Country, among them Michael the Brave, founder of numerous churches and monasteries in Transylvania and the care Monastery Prislop Hateg Country.
Crisan Monastery dates back to 1450, the only monastery in the document about Zarand parties and that took the longest time. The church was built of stone and brick, along the way passing through several stages of destruction, fires and bombings.
In 1759, Crisan monastery is mentioned as being in ruins. The church was rebuilt after this year with support from the abbot Prislop Barlaam and booms archpriest of Ilia. According to other sources, the monastery was restored in 1759 by Bishop Peter Paul Aron, founder of a school here. After “Rednic’s census, since 1765, Crisan Monastery is wasted during the” revolution antiuniate “confessor of St. Pious Sofronie from Crow and abandoned in 1772 up during the ” Uprising of Horea, Closca and Crisan – 1784-1785 .
Of course this place is plenty to see and to tell but do not want to upload too many pages so leave this for a later post.